Friday, July 27, 2012

Jen's Banana Daiquiri

Day 163


Jen's Banana Daiquiri
4.5 shots out of 5



So I had a few really ripe bananas and decided to skip the banana bread and head straight to the blender and make a Banana Daiquiri.  

I'm glad I did!!  This daiquiri was more then called for tonight!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

My only complaint.........and it's not really a complaint....is that I wish I had a banana that wasn't as ripe as mine was.  

I can taste the difference and would totally have given this cocktail 5 shots out of 5 if my banana wasn't so ripe.  

Otherwise, I think I concocted a pretty darn good Banana Daiquiri (rewarding myself with another BIG sip).  

As you know I do love the taste of banana in my cocktails and this one is right up my alley.  

I'm definitely going to try this one again with a not so ripe banana real soon!  

If you do try tonight's cocktail, please let me know what you think, good or bad, I just want to hear what you think about it!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for Jen's Banana Daiquiri:

  • 1 ripe (but not too ripe) banana
  • 1 Tbs. sugar
  • 2 oz light rum
  • 1/4 oz lime juice
  • 1 oz banana liqueur
In a blender add 1 cup of ice and all of the ingredients above.  Blend until all of the ice is gone and sit back and enjoy!!



Here's to "yet another" scrum-dittily-umptous banana cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm in love with your blog and what a great concept! A new drink every day... how rough! This one caught my eye, and I'm sure I'll be back many times to see what else you're stirring up in your kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Hello!! I'm sooooo excited that you found my blog and are loving it!! I got soo excited when I saw that you had left me a comment! I found your blog about a month ago, saw your "Behind The Scenes" page and started posting pictures on the sites you had listed! Once I got my first photo accepted from a few of them my visits went up up up! Thank You so much for posted that wonderful section! It was a wonderful help to me and I'm sure to many many others as well!

      I hope you do come back to visit! Let me know if you have any favorite cocktails you'd like me to try! Shoot me an email and have a wonderful week! Cheers!!

      Delete