Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mango Alexander

Day 146



Mango Alexander
5 shots out of 5



It's another hot hot day here.  

I decided to make my cocktail a wee bit earlier today so that I can watch the MLB All Star game.  

Gotta watch my boys pitch'n, catch'n, play'n 3rd and center field. 

Let's go National League!  It's July.......this year is over half over and the All Star game is here marking the halfway mark for MLB......there goes another year.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I got this recipe from Mari who was browsing through a Food & Wine magazine and found this cocktail recipe and immediately thought of me (that makes my heart smile)!  

She forwarded me the link to the recipe and I set out to buy some Mango vodka and coconut milk.  

SOOOO glad I did!!  

This is a great cocktail Mari!  

You definitely will have to try it!  

It's chilled perfectly, it's refreshing and tastes like nothing I've ever tasted before, I love it!  

I had my husband over my shoulder as this one was being made, then he snuck the first and third sip (his third sip was a looong sip too, dang it!), so needless to say, he's a HUGE fan of tonight's cocktail as well.  

He's already talking about making it by the pitcher full at the next BBQ!




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Mango Alexanders:

  • 1 oz mango vodka
  • 1 1/2 oz coconut milk
  • 3/8 oz simple syrup (just judge it, right below the 1/2 oz mark)
  • 1/4 oz lime juice
In an empty shaker or tall glass (I used a shaker) pour your coconut milk, simple syrup and lime juice and stir it up good.  Add your ice and vodka and then stir them all up real good to get the cocktail chilled real nicely.  Strain your cocktail into a martini glass and en-joy!



Thank You Mari for your GREAT find and for immediately thinking of me when you found it!  This is my first ever cocktail with coconut milk and mango vodka, and I'm pleasantly surprised!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a hit. Now I MUST try it, and as I spent four solid hours gardening today, I think I deserve a treat tomorrow.

    Love that spiffy mermaid glass, too. You make your cocktails look so chic and fun.

    Peace, Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 hours?! Well then you most definitely do deserve a Mango Alexanders!

      Isn't that little mermaid cute! I found a pack of these little animals and mermaids at my grocery store. They just hang on the edge of the glass.......only thing was when I got home I realized that someone had already opened my pack and took all but 1 mermaid =(

      Delete