Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pink Cotton Rita

Day 147



Pink Cotton Rita
2 shots out of 5


Time to choose one of my mini bottles to make a cocktail out of.  Iny-miny-miney-mo I choose Cotton Candy!  Now I'm not gonna go all out looking for some snazzy pink cotton candy to put on top of my cocktails......but a pink monkey.......well, ok.

I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  I have to be completely honest......the mid to after taste of each and every sip kinda tastes like perfume.......gag.  Not a big fan of drinking perfume.  Can't stand it when I walk by a lady who has obviously bathed in a few bottles of perfume.....with my mouth open......and then I taste it for like the next 5 minutes, yuck!  This cocktail kind of makes my tongue feel yucky sipping it too.  The sad thing about this cocktail is the fact that I can taste that it would be a really good margarita........if it had some other flavoring to it instead of......(I feel like I licked a perfumed grandma right now, the more sips I'm taking the worse it gets......what did I rate this thing again?) cotton candy liqueur.

I got this recipe from cottoncandytouch.com (found out today 11/8/16 that it no longer exists).  The only difference in our two cocktails is the tequila we used.  Theirs is some kind of tequila that is flavored, mine is a bottle of Trader Joe's tequila (unflavored).  Maybe a flavored tequila would have made some difference.........but I have a big feeling that it wouldn't have made enough of one to make me really like this cocktail.

Here is the recipe for a Pink Cotton Rita:

  • 2oz Cotton Candy Liqueur (the mini bottle says 50ml......but it actually had 2oz in it!)
  • 1 oz tequila
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 1oz simple syrup
In a shaker add ice and all ingredients above.  Shake it up real well and strain your cocktail into a margarita (or a cool looking one like mine) glass that has crushed ice in it already.


Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Well so much for that cool looking bottle and intriguing looking color.  That cotton candy stuff is for the birds.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady 
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. not a fan of perfume-mouth either! I love your honesty and descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll be looking for cotton candy liqueur any time soon :) Very descriptive and I'm surprised it got even 2 shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan! I was almost going to email you! I haven't heard from you in a while. I wanted to see if you had tried any more of these cocktails =)

      Yes, there's no need to try this stuff, yuck! I think it got a 2 because the first fourth(ish) was "almost" tolerable........almost...and since I did keep drinking it to that point, I figured it deserved a "sort-of" higher rating. I did sit there for a bit and contemplated a lower rating though, I honestly do admit that one!

      Delete
    2. I have tried a few, but I've been REALLY busy at work and now I've broken my foot I may have time to catch up on my review of the ones I've tried :)

      Delete
    3. Oh no!! I'm sooo sorry to hear that! That can't be fun at all. I'm glad that you've been able to try a few of my cocktails and am excited to hear which ones and what you thought of them. Take care of yourself and your foot!

      Delete