Friday, July 6, 2012

Planter's Punch

Day 142



Planter's Punch
2 shots out of 5



It's Friday!  

There goes another week!  

This year if officially more then half over with.  

I found tonight's cocktail on someones Pin Board on Pinterest.  

I clicked on the link and it took me here.  

I wasn't sure what I'd think of this cocktail given that Myers Rum was the main alcohol in this cocktail.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

I guess I'm not a huge fan of Myers Rum as the main alcohol in a cocktail.  

I have it as "one of the" alcohols in my Husbands Hurricane and floated on top of my Mai Tai and I think I like it that way a LOT better.  

It was bound to happen sooner or later......I mean I've been liking all of these cocktails (more or less) for quite some time now, it was only a matter of time until I didn't really like one all that much.  

This will not go on any "Need to Make this one another time" list of mine.  I found it, I tried it and that is that.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for Planter's Punch:

  • 1 1/2 oz Myers Rum
  • 3/4 oz orange juice
  • 3/4 oz pineapple juice
  • 1/8 - 1/4 oz grenadine
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up real good and strain it into a medium cocktail glass filled with crushed ice.



Here's to knowing that (for me) Myers Rum should be an ingredients, not a main alcohol in a cocktail!

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment