Monday, July 30, 2012

Tropical Hooter

Day 166



Tropical Hooter
4.5 shots out of 5



Softball starts up tomorrow night and I've been off for a year since I fractured my elbow.  

Kinda nervous.......I'm not gonna lie.  

Therefore, my oldest son took me out to the backyard to hit some balls off the Tee.  

Then my husband came out to perfect my swing (still a work in progress, but 100 times better then it was!).  

I feel better about it and excited to be starting up again!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

This was a cocktail that I had put a tab on a while back in my book "The Bartender's Black Book".  

Tonight was the nice to try it and I'm very happy I did!  After a long batting instruction session from both my son and husband, this cocktail is OH SO needed!  

Malibu rum and Midori go amazingly together!  

The little splash of cranberry and pineapple juice add the faintest taste of awesomeness to this already good cocktail.  

I'm liking this drink a lot and wishing I'd made a double batch.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Tropical Hooter:

  • 1 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 1/2 oz melon liqueur
  • 1/4 oz cranberry juice
  • 1/4 oz pineapple juice
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake them up well and strain your mixture into a chilled martini glass.



Welcome back my old friend Midori.  It's been quite a few cocktails since I've seen you!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment