Thursday, July 26, 2012

White Linen

Day 162



White Linen
5 shots out of 5


If you want a gin cocktail White Linen is a very refreshing one for any night....or afternoon.....or whenever you need a cocktail.





Did you see that?  

I just gave a gin cocktail 5 shots out of 5!!  

What is this world coming to?  

I made a run to my local BevMo today to get a sample bottle of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur so that I could make tonight's cocktail.  

Glad I did!!


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I can't believe how much I like this cocktail! 

For those of you who don't know.......I always used to RUN the other way when a cocktail had gin in it.  Yuck, didn't like it at all.  The smell of it alone was too much.  

Now doing this blog, I have found that gin is not a horrible thing at all (to my surprise).  

Now, Elderflower Liqueur I had never heard of until a month or so ago, then I received a recipe for White Linen Cocktail from Crystal not too long ago.  Crystal first tried this cocktail in a local restaurant that her and her husband went to and enjoyed it enough to get the recipe and send it to me, and I Thank You Crystal for doing so!  

This cocktail is refreshing and delicious!  

The smell of the Elderflower Liqueur itself is amazing, and the proportions of it along with the gin, lime juice and sprite.....WOW!!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for White Linen:

  • 1 1/2 oz gin
  • 1/2 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 3 oz sprite (lemon-lime soda)


In a shaker, add ice, gin, Elderflower Liqueur and lime juice.  Shake them up real well and strain your mixture into a tall glass filled with crushed ice.  Next pour in your sprite and EN-JOY!


I will definitely have to look for more recipes with this yummy liqueur in it in the future!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. I love GIN but don't know what elderflower liquer tastes like...must be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to make a true, classic white linen, muddle some cucumber slices in the shaker first, and add a few slices to the glass as a garnish. It's my favorite cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cucumber slices? That sounds very interesting! I'll have to give that a try next time I make this one. Thank You!

      Delete
  3. I had the White Linen Martini @ Prato, here in Orlando, about two years ago. It was so delicious, so refreshing I can't stop thinking about it! Very disappointed a lot of other Bartenders
    didn't know what it was. I'll try to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Including cucumber a white linen is made with lemon, not rose's lime juice and club soda, not sprite

    ReplyDelete