Wednesday, August 8, 2012

B52

Day 175



B52
3 shots out of 5



Happy Wednesday!  We're half way through another week!!  

I'm super excited about this because we have a fun weekend ahead!  

Time for a shooter!  I have to tell you that the song "Roam" is totally running through my head right now.  

Thank you B52's.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

I did do a little cringe after this one.  

I got an immediate taste of the orange flavor from the Grand Marnier, then the creaminess of the Baileys came through followed by the taste of Kahlua.  

I got the tastes in order of the layers....layers.....did you see my layers???  

Am I getting good or WHAT!!  I'm very proud of my layers......can you tell?  

This shooter was pretty good when all was said and done.  

The initial cringing I wasn't a big fan of, but the taste in my mouth now, I am.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a B52 shooter:

  • 1/2 oz Kahlua
  • 1/2 oz Baileys
  • 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
In a shot glass pour in your Kahlua.  Next, on the back of a bar spoon that is slanted towards the inside (end of spoon literally touching the inside of the glass) of the glass slowly pour your Baileys.  Using the same process as the Baileys, slowly pour your Grand Marnier.



Here's to my newly found awesome layering skills!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats - those are some awesome layers :) By the time you finish this year you'll be able to bartend at any bar in town! Or need rehab (j/k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the layering! It's purrrrdy. This is one of those shots I like 2 of. One I shoot and the next one I sip slowly as I unwind from a particularly hard day. For some reason the multi flavors seem to distract me. Simple things for simple minds ya know!

    ReplyDelete