Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Banana Cream Cake

Day 182



Banana Cream Cake
4 shots out of 5



If you didn't see my tweet, we won our game last night!  

After our games we go to our local Irish Pub (they sponsor our team) to have a couple beers.  

Unfortunately when we got back to my friends car her battery had died, so we decided to walk to my house and I'd drive her home.  

Long story short, I walked home in my socks, but we were armed with our bats in case anyone wanted to give us trouble!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I got tonight's recipe from the Pinnacle website for their Cake Vodka.  

I really want to give this cocktail a 4.5, but it's a little too sweet and sugary for me to do so.  

I'm thinking it's that 1/2 ounce of simple syrup that goes in this cocktail that made it a bit too much for me.  

That aside, this is a pretty darn good cocktail.  

The cake vodka gives it such a different flavor, which convinces me once again........flavored vodkas are here on this earth for a purpose!  

Gone are the days that I would walk right past the flavored vodkas and rums on the shelf!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Banana Cream Cake:

  • 2 oz Pinnacle Cake Vodka
  • 1 oz creme de banana
  • 1/2 oz simple syrup
  • 1/4 oz lemon juice
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain it into your martini glass.



Here's to my brand new bottle of Pinnacle Cake Vodka!  It'll be fun getting to know you!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment