Friday, August 10, 2012

Gin Gimlet

Day 177



Gin Gimlet
4 shots out of 5



Yes, you ARE reading my blog.  

No you did not just get transported somewhere else.  

Yes, I DID give a cocktail that has Gin in the name and as the main ingredient a very high rating!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

Gone are the days that gin is evil, gone are the days that I will dread making a gin cocktail.  

I am absolutely amazed at how much I like this very simple "gin" cocktail!  

This cocktail has the perfect amount of gin and lime juice mixed in it and is quite enjoyable!  

The chilled glass is a must for this cocktail, as it adds to its deliciousness.  

Gin drinkers will love this......and I'm sure that some of you that "sort of like" gin will like this too!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for a Gin Gimlet:

  • 2 oz gin
  • 1 oz lime juice
In a shaker add ice and all ingredients above.  Shake up your mixture well to get it really chilled.  Strain your cocktail into a chilled martini glass and enjoy!



Happy Friday to all and I hope you all enjoy your weekend!  Bottoms Up!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Bombay Sapphire :) Now that's a gin to change your mind about gin :) Do you always use sweetened lime juice when you call for lime juice? I tend to use fresh limes for my drinks, and this one could probably use a little simple syrup with fresh lime juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use the Rose's sweetened a lot. Unless I have fresh squeezed lime juice (which I had for a while). The other one I used was the Key West Lime Juice and it was a bit too much for me. It gave my cocktails too much of a limey sweet taste.

      Delete
  2. I have fresh lime juice. How much simple syrup should I ad to the gin and juice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would not use any simple syrup personally. The mix of the gin and lime juice is what really makes this cocktails flavor stand out for me. The lime juice cuts into the gin enough to make it go down smooth.

      That being said, if you did want something else to cut into the gin and lime juice flavors, simple syrup would do the trick.

      I would do up to 1/2 ounce of simple syrup. That would mellow the cocktail out a bit, but still give it that gimlet flavor. =)

      Delete