Monday, August 6, 2012

Madras

Day 173



Madras
4.5 shots out of 5



Monday......Monday.  Let's start it off right.......or end it right I guess.  

This marks our first week of waaaay too many sports.  

We have 2 soccer teams, 1 baseball team, 1 softball team and 2 Tae Kwon Do classes.  

When/if these two girls start playing sports......I'm not going to know which way is up.  

Perhaps I should re-live my Year of Cocktails at that time, ha.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  

I got this cocktail out of my "Cool Cocktails" book.  

The Madras reminds me of my Sea Breeze quite a bit.  

Exchange the grapefruit juice for orange juice and add another dose of vodka and there you go!  

This is one of those refreshing cocktails that is super easy to make and very enjoyable.  

The cranberry and orange juices mix very well together and give the Madras a very yummy flavor.


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Madras:

  • 2 oz vodka
  • 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
  • 1 1/2 oz orange juice
In a tall glass filled with ice, add all of the ingredients above and give it a good stir.



Here's to a great cocktail on this Monday night.  Who says Mondays have to be all bad?

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I will now be craving this until I get myself to the store and produce this at home!

    ReplyDelete