Saturday, August 11, 2012

Paradise

Day 178



Paradise
3.5 shots out of 5



Half way through the weekend and having a fun time.  

We got to see friends we haven't seen in quite some time which is always nice.  

The weather is beautiful which also makes for a nice weekend!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I have got to say, it's nights like tonight when I make a cocktail that I "already know" I simply will not like.........and it surprises me and I actually do like it.  

To me, that's what this blog is all about!  

Never knew apricot brandy existed until I started this blog, once I did know about it, I was already convinced that whatever cocktail I made that included apricot brandy in it, I would not like at all.  

This blog has opened my mind to all kinds of flavors, and I love it!  

The lemon juice in this cocktail adds a nice subtle lemony flavor to it that is quite enjoyable.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Paradise:

  • 1 oz gin
  • 1 oz apricot brandy
  • 1 oz orange juice
  • 1/3 oz lemon juice
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain your cocktail into a chilled short cocktail glass.



Here's to old friends and picking up right where you left off!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment