Thursday, August 2, 2012

Raspberry Driver

Day 169



Raspberry Driver
3.5 shots out of 5



Yes.........I am still soar from softball.  

A year off is way too much!  

Time to start working out these softball muscles and what better way to start.....then with a cocktail!  

Tonight I turn to the Finest Call website for one of their recipes.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I was hoping to like this cocktail a lot more then I did, and I think I was hoping that because today had been a loooong day.  

Basically what tonight's cocktail tastes like is a screw driver.....with a splash of raspberry flavoring.  

Don't get me wrong, the raspberry puree does add a nice flavor, but I can still taste the screw driver hiding behind it.  

If you're not in the mood for a fancy, sweet cocktail, then this just might be a good one to try.  

Plus I think it's fun to put these purees in mixed cocktails instead of just blended ones.


Here is a photo of the end result:

raspberry driver cocktail, vodka, raspberry puree, orange juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

raspberry driver cocktail, vodka, raspberry puree, orange juice


Here is the recipe for a Raspberry Driver:

  • 1oz vodka
  • 1/2oz raspberry puree
  • 3oz orange juice
In a tall glass filled with crushed ice add all of the ingredients above and give it a good quick stir.  I stirred until my raspberry puree looked sort of blended in.




Here's to purees in mixed cocktails!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. I give a raspberry * :P * to the Raspberry Driver. I am all for food in my cocktails. I love olives in my martinis and beers. I am just not a fan of this. Not enough flavor to balance with the OJ. So no screwed drivers for me thank you!
    And tell someone you need a massage for those sore muscles while you drink your cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been the one to order olives in my sodas, cocktails, whatever! I never liked cherries, so I'd order olives........and get those "Are you sure you want OLIVES in that?" look.

      I've been trying to get my two boys to give me a massage all week! They keep pointing to each other and running away.....boo, haha.

      Delete
    2. Are you sure your not my long lost twin? hehe I love the "Are you sure you want OLIVES in that?" look. I get that alot when I order vodka and coke or rootbeer. Makes my day.
      You need to tie the boys shoe lases together so they can't run away!

      Delete
    3. I just may be! Haha. We live in CA and when we visited NY years ago, my dad got a kick out of telling the waiters that gave me that "look" that it was a California Coke. Haha.

      Good idea with the shoe laces!

      Delete