Saturday, August 4, 2012

Y2K

Day 171



Y2K Shooter
2 shots out of 5



Y2K......yea I know a few years too late right?  

Ha.  

Well the weekend is in full swing and we spent ALL DAY cleaning out our garage and then our storage!  

We just got home, put the girls to bed, I made my cocktail and now I'm FINALLY sitting down......aaaahhhhhh.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

Cough syrup........that's the exact first thing that came to mind when I tried this shooter.  

It totally tasted like cough syrup and left that film in my mouth that only cough syrup can.  

The color of this shooter was not terribly appealing to me........I was expecting anything but........brown.  

Oh well.  

Needless to say I will not be making this cocktail again, or ever ordering it at a bar.  

You live and learn.  

I was hoping that since I hadn't had Chambord in any of my cocktails in quite some time that tonight's would be a good one........bummer.



Here is a photo of the end result:

vodka, Y2K cocktail shot, midori, melon liqueur, chambord, black raspberry liqueur

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

vodka, Y2K cocktail shot, midori, melon liqueur, chambord, black raspberry liqueur


Here is the recipe for a Y2K Shooter:

  • 1/2 oz vodka
  • 1/2 oz midori
  • 1/2 oz chambord
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain your mixture into a shot glass.



Here's to the hard earned beer I'm about to drink!  Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment