Friday, September 21, 2012

Blue Balls

Day 219



Blue Balls
5 shots out of 5




I can't believe I made it to another Friday!  

These weeks have really been crazy.  

I don't feel like I've stopped going since soccer season has started....... seriously.  

Tonight's cocktail is soooo absolutely positively needed, and boy is it a good one!


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

Even though it's got one of those "names" that not too many people would want to shout across the bar to the bartender, I'll tell you, it's worth it!!  

These 4 ingredients are extremely delicious together.......I told my husband to try it......(he said he didn't like the name, but he'd try it anyways) and I secretly hoped that he wouldn't want to try it so that I could have it all to myself.  

Oh well.  

This is a shooter that I could have a few of......in a row.......which may or may not be a good idea.  

I got tonight's cocktail from the intoxicologist site, so Thank You once again Cheri for an amazing cocktail!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for a Blue Balls:

  • 1/2 oz Blue Curacao
  • 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 1/2 peach schnapps
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
In a shaker, add ice and the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain your mixture into a shot glass.



Here's to ending the week with an awesome cocktail!!  And it's blue!  

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. My husband just chuckled when he heard the name. Wonder what that means! I am just happy I can actually try one of these pretty drinks cuz no pineapple juice! yay! Thank you :) This one looks like it will be a keeper. I am sure my husband will not be happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for my morning laugh!! Yea my husband wasn't completely thrilled with the name of last night's cocktail either, ha ha. Name aside, it's a really good one! Please let me know what you think and make your husband try the cocktail too and tell me what he thinks as well, ha ha. Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. I've been on the go so much for the past two weeks, I didn't even get to read most of your posts until today. I sooo wanted a drink, I stopped at the store on the way home to pick up some rum for Key Lime martinis (my go-to drink right now, thank you so much for posting that recipe) and crashed on the sofa before I even got a chance to make one. I just passed out and slept for almost 12 hours with no chemical assistance of any kind. I was tired!

    Happy belated birthday to the hubs. Today's drink certainly has a vibrant color, doesn't it? My goodness. I might have to try it just to see the color in real life.

    ReplyDelete