Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brain Hemorrhage

Day 225



Brain Hemorrhage
5 shots out of 5


This brain hemorrhage shot has to be one of the weirdest looking shots I've made.  It feels weird going down, but tastes Oh So Good!!  It's the perfect shooter for a Halloween party too!




I've got 3 sick children!  

My little Tiny Tot girl must have brought home a sickness from her school, which resulted in a fever and not feeling good.  She passed it to my 3rd grader who missed 2 days of school and now my 1 year old just came down with a fever.  


Fingers crossed (while I ignore my itchy throat) that the remaining three of us don't get it.

I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I found tonight's recipe from this flickr post.  


This is a fun shooter to make and interesting one to drink.  


Brain Hemorrhage is a perfect shooter for a Halloween party......or any party really!  The place where I got this cocktail recipe from said that it tastes  like peaches and cream, and I must say that it does pretty much remind me of that.  


The layering part of this shooter is pretty easy and the dripping of the grenadine is fun!  Be warned.....when you do drink this shooter.......the parts of the Baileys that are hanging down, you can TOTALLY feel them in your mouth!  


It's kind of weird and you almost DON'T want to swallow it, but you'll get over it and will be glad you did!



Here is a photo of the end result:

Halloween cocktail, shot, peach schnapps, Baileys, Irish Cream, grenadine, Brain Hemorrhage shot

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Halloween cocktail, shot, peach schnapps, Baileys, Irish Cream, grenadine, Brain Hemorrhage shot



Here is the recipe for a Brain Hemorrhage:

  • 3/4 oz peach schnapps
  • 1/2 oz Baileys Irish cream
  • 1/4 oz grenadine (you don't have to use all of it)

In a shot glass pour in your peach schnapps.  Next you are going to layer your Baileys on top of the peach schnapps.  For this next part I took a turkey baster and sucked up the grenadine in it so that I would have more control over where and how much I was using.  I then slowly dripped the grenadine in one area through the Baileys until it started to drip down, then I stopped.  I kept doing this in different areas to get my end result.



This is a fun and easy shooter to make.  I hope you try it and if you do, I want to hear about it!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. I know this is off in left field but i was at the liquor store and at the check out I splurged and picked up this tiny little bottle of donut flavored vodka!

    http://intoxicology.net/2012/06/01/introducing-360-glazed-donut-vodka/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW! Have you tried it yet? I see you posted about it back in June and noticed that the Salvation Army declared the first Friday in June National Donut Day! I'm almost sure everything now-a-days has their own Day, lol. Thank You for letting me know about this flavored vodka! Cheers & Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. Nice photography! I'm glad it tastes good, but I don't think I could willingly drink something that looks like bloody snot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! You can tell when it's a late night or I'm past caring (super tired), cause my photos are indoors and not as great.

      You know........I had to start this one down for a minute before I convinced myself that I would live through drinking it. I told myself open the hatch and let it all go down in one big gulp.......it was odd, but I survived. Bloody snot, baaahahahahah, I love it!!

      Delete