Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kinky Margarita

Day 211



Kinky Margarita
3 shots out of 5



Is it Friday yet?  

Oh please say yes!  

Shoot, just checked and it's only Thursday.......night though.......which is a plus as it is cocktail time.  

Today was a looong day.  I'm looking forward to the weekend being here most definitely!


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.   

I must say this Kinky Liqueur smells AMAZING!!  

Thank you sooo much Christina for telling me about this liqueur!  

I absolutely look forward to trying more (and more) cocktails with it!  

Unfortunately, I taste the lime juice the most in this margarita.  

I raised my eyebrows at the 2 oz of lime juice.......yet I still put it in, because this is what the recipe asked for and honestly once before I raised my eyebrows at another cocktails amount of lime juice and to my disbelief, the amount worked.  

I got this recipe through a link that Christina had sent me which directed me to the liqueurs manufacturers site here.  

Next time I will make it with maybe even 1/2 of the amount of lime juice to see how that works.  All in all I am NOT discouraged and will try this liqueur again!



Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Kinky Margarita:

  • 1 oz tequila
  • 1 oz Kinky Liqueur
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • 2 oz lime juice (yikes)
  • 1/2 oz orange juice
  • 1/4 oz simple syrup



In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up real well and strain it into a margarita glass.  Add a few pieces of ice to your cocktail.



Cheers to you Christina for introducing me to this yummy liqueur!  I look forward to my next Kinky cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady 
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Kinky liqueur...sounds like my kinda stuff. I have seen this in the store but figured it would be sweet and yucky. OK, talked me into it. I am gonna have to try this stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, and you know what else I've seen at the store? It's called X Rated and it's in a similar bottle and it's pink too. I know someone who says it's good......haven't tried it yet though.

      Delete