Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Moon-a-rita

Day 210



Moon-a-rita
5 shots out of 5




The BEST mango and beer margarita you'll ever have!



Happy Wednesday!  

It's sooooo hot in this house that I needed a frozen cocktail for this evening.  


Then I came across The Style Dossier blog from a pin on Pinterest.  

There has been photos of this beer & margarita creations EVERYWHERE and when I found this one, it just sounded amazing.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

HOLY YUMMY COCKTAIL!!!!!!!!  


Stephanie came up the street to try tonight's cocktail and I had my husband try it as well when he got home.  


2 thumbs up from all 3 of us!  Great job Katy with your Moon-a-rita!  

This is a super yummy cocktail.  


The mixture of the margarita ingredients along with the beer, 

WOW, I didn't imagine they would go together so perfectly!



Here is a photo of the end result:

The BEST mango and beer margarita you'll ever have!


Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for a Moon-a-rita:

  • 1 oz tequila
  • 1/2 oz triple sec
  • 1/2 oz sweet & sour mix
  • 2 oz mango puree
  • 1-12oz beer (I used Blue Moon's "Summer Honey Wheat".....hence the name "Moon-a-rita")


In a blender add 1 cup of ice and all of the ingredients above, except the beer.  Blend it all up until the ice is completely gone.  Pour your cocktail into a large goblet sized glass that will hold a beer bottle inside of it (without it falling out), leaving about 1/3 of the glass empty.  Open up your beer and submerge the head of the bottle into your cocktail.  Be sure to hold the beer bottle along with your glass when you drink it, otherwise your bottle will either fall out or bonk you on the head!



Here's to FINALLY making one of those beer & margarita cocktails!  Yeay!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. You just made my whole day! Thanks so much for trying my Moon-a-Rita! 

    I love your blog! I'm definitely gonna need to try all of these fab cocktails! 

    xx Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful!! Well you made my night last night with your delicious cocktail! Have a great evening!! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. This looks really interesting, but as uncoordinated as I am, I'm not sure I wouldn't make a huge mess - maybe I'll take a sip of beer and a sip of the margarita together before swallowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this, but I think I'll use the agave Blue Moon I saw in the store today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried that flavor yet! Let me know how it goes =)

      Delete