Thursday, October 25, 2012

Black Spider

Day 253



Black Spider
3 shots out of 5


The Black Spider is a fun vodka and coffee liqueur shooter that goes down easy, especially on Halloween.



Did you watch the game last night?  

Did the Giants rock it, or did the Giants rock it?!?!  

What an awesome game, I'm still on a high from it, and we're only hours away from Game 2!!  

I can't wait to watch it!  

Anywho, continuing with my Halloween cocktails, I found one all over the place that has two simple ingredients......plus one "spooky" one I added.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3 shots out of 5.  

Vodka and Kahlua do go well together.  

My only problem is that I would like to add more to this cocktail for me to really enjoy it.  Such as last night's cocktail Colorado Bulldog or my Chocolate Coffee.  

Therefore, this cocktail I won't make again.  

That being said, did you check out the spider legs in my cocktail??  

I found them at Target (there's a picture of the box they came in below), and decided to try them.  

NO they're not black licorice flavor!  Thought I'd share that before you asked.  

They taste like some mix of a "good" hint of "maybe" black licorice and some berry flavoring or something?  I don't know, but they're pretty tasty.........not to eat the whole box, but I just ate 2 legs and enjoyed them.


Here is a photo of the end result:

Halloween cocktail, shot, vodka, coffee liqueur


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Halloween cocktail, shot, vodka, coffee liqueur


Here is the recipe for a Black Spider:

  • 1 1/2 oz vodka
  • 1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur
  • black spider legs, or whatever spider decoration you see fit.  You can even wear a spider ring and call it a day

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above, except for your decorations.  Shake and strain your mixture into a large shot glass, or cocktail glass.


Yet another spooky cocktail to make on Halloween!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was that I thought you'd already done a Black Russian. Then I realized that is a 2:1 ration while this is only a 1:1. I'll do a White Russian on occasion, but not a big fan of just the vodka and Kahlua. Since you weren't even thrilled, I'll just pass.

    Yes, I saw the game. I was amazed, actually, how poorly the Tigers did. It's 6th right now and still no score, so I'm wondering how many innings this might run. Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a great memory! I did do a Black Russian. Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the vodka and Kahlua either. I'd pass on this one too =)

      You know last night's game and score was what I was expending in Game 1 with Verlander. I'm sooo excited about these guys, what a team and what a way to play together! Go Giants!!

      Delete