Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chocolate Cream Pie

Day 244



Chocolate Cream Pie
4 shots out of 5



I know I have mentioned this on my blog before (I also have a square banner on the right side of this page about it) that I am a contributing writer to a brand new magazine!  

The magazine is called Simply Gluten Free and it hits stores on November 6th.  

A rare thing happened to this magazine, a National Distributor heard about the magazines concept (directed to those with Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance or people who simply choose to live a gluten free life) and liked it so much that they moved things along quite quickly for the magazine.  

What does that mean?  

It means that if you go to your local Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Whole Foods (and a whole lot of other places) you can pick up your very own copy on Nov. 6th!


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I got tonight's cocktail recipe from the Pinnacle site.  

This is a good cocktail.  

The only thing I will say that I don't like about it is the extra bite it gets from the ratio of straight alcohol to cream.  

I would have liked a little less bite.........that being said, I did finish my entire cocktail, so obviously it wasn't that bad.  

Oh and yes, I did add.....sprinkles.....I thought the cocktail needed a little color.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Chocolate Cream Pie:

  • 2 oz chocolate whipped vodka
  • 1 oz coconut rum
  • 1 oz cream
  • whipped cream
  • sprinkles (totally optional)

In a shaker, add ice, vodka, rum and cream.  Shake well and strain cocktail into a martini glass.  Add whipped cream on top (and sprinkles if you must).



Here's to being able to add whipped cream to a cocktail......and not just squirting it into your mouth from the can.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. Grats on the magazine writing! My brother is having trouble with the whole gluten free thing...gonna pass info on to him.

    No sprinkles for the drink! Maybe some shaved chocolate? (do they have shaved olives?)I think I would like to try this with a little banana in it. But then I guess it would be whole different drink, huh. oh well...twist my arm and I will try it both ways. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!!! Yes, there are quite a few good food blogs out there for Gluten Free foods, and the magazine will be a good source as well.

      I think shaved olives would be AWESOME!!!!! I also think adding banana to this cocktail would be amazing......and may just have to try it soon =)

      Delete
  2. Well, I really don't understand the sprinkle craze, either, and I was too lazy to do chocolate curls. I opted for about three drops of Hershey's special dark syrup swirled on the side of the cup to give it color, and then promptly forgot to put the whipped cream on top! I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be heavy cream or light cream, but I only had heavy cream so did half heavy and half milk. I really like this one. It takes like a mild German chocolate cake to me. I know there are recipes for that drink that use Frangelico, but I like this one. I like it better as I drink more of it, but I'm trying this on a very empty stomach (accidentally skipped lunch kind of empty) while dinner is cooking which I'm sure has nothing to do with it...

    ReplyDelete