Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nutcracker

Day 239



Nutcracker
4 shots out of 5




The Giants won!!  

We're moving on to the National League Championship Series!!  

Unfortunately the A's just lost, but what a ride they had!  

Both teams had a great season.  Our next series starts on Sunday and it can't come fast enough.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I think the Baileys and Frangelico compliment each other nicely in this shooter.  

I must admit, I did raise an eyebrow when I also saw Midori as an ingredient in tonight's shooter.......but to my surprise, it totally worked.  

For me, this is a good shooter to have one of.  

I think if I had another one I wouldn't like it as much.  

The flavor is good to coat your mouth and leave it's impression, and then you (or I) need to move onto something else to drink to change the flavor in your (my) mouth.  

I got tonight's cocktail at Hubpages.


Here is a photo of the end result:

Nutcracker, Nutcracker shot, Nutcracker cocktail, christmas cocktail, christmas shot, Baileys, Irish cream liqueur, Midori, melon liqueur, Frangelico, hazelnut liqueur



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

Nutcracker, Nutcracker shot, Nutcracker cocktail, christmas cocktail, christmas shot, Baileys, Irish cream liqueur, Midori, melon liqueur, Frangelico, hazelnut liqueur


Here is the recipe for a Nutcracker:

  • 1/2 oz Irish Cream
  • 1/2 oz melon liqueur
  • 1/2 oz hazelnut liqueur

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain your cocktail into a shot glass.



Here's to an amazing post season so far.  Each series has gone/is going to Game 5, which is awesome all in itself.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't think the Midori would work at all with Bailey's and Frangelico - I'll have to give this a try with the last of my Frangelico.

    ReplyDelete