Sunday, October 21, 2012

Orange & Black Attack

Day 249



Orange & Black Attack
3.5 shots out of 5




My SF Giants are on in 7 minutes.  

It's Game 6 and I can't stand how excited I am to watch the game.  

I decided to make and dedicate tonight's cocktail to them.  

I have total faith in my Giants and am looking forward to sitting in front of the TV with beer in hand and cheering them on.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

This is a self invented cocktail with the (almost) black and orange colors to represent my Giants!  

I was really trying to make it look as black and orange as I could and since I still can't find that darn black vodka, I decided to use Kahlua which is the next closest color I had.  

The Grand Marnier is the most orange liqueur I have as well.  

Surprisingly this shooter isn't too bad.  

You get the bite from the cognac in the Grand Marnier, followed by the orange flavoring in it.  

Then when you think you've tasted it all, the coffee flavoring from the Kahula kicks in for a nice after taste.  

All in all, not a bad shooter!


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is my recipe for an Orange & Black Attack:

  • 1/2 oz Kahlua
  • 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
In a shot glass pour in your Kahlua.  Next layer the Grand Marnier on top of the Kahlua by slowly pouring it on the back of a spoon above the Kahlua to make a nice layer.



Here is to my SF Giants!  I love you guys and what you do for all of us fans......torture and all!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. I have definite opinions about college football. I don't really watch baseball too much, but with one family member a diehard Dodgers fan and one who bleeds SF orange and black, I do hear about it! :) I'd suggest your concoction except he doesn't like Kahlua. These playoffs have been an impressive comeback. It's mid-5th right now, and looking very hopeful for the Giants to tie up the series. Here's a toast that they can use home field advantage to pull it out for the win tomorrow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is October 4th, 2014 and we are sitting down watching Our San Francisco Giants play in the second game of NLDS against the Washington Nationals. I did a search for an orange and black layered shot and look what I found! It worked for you in 2012 so my husband is making this for me now. Go Giants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I'm soooo glad that you found my shooter! Obviously they won it in the 18th because you found this shot! Was that a game....or was that a game......or technically 2 games, lol. Longest 6 1/2 hours of my life! xoxo

      Delete