Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vampire Elixir

Day 248



Vampire Elixir
3.5 shots out of 5


Vampire Elixir is a perfectly blended Halloween cocktail sure to a vampire of any kind.





I recently got a Roomba!  

If you are not quite sure what a Roomba is let me tell you.  

A Roomba is a circular robotic vacuum cleaner.  All you need to do is press the "clean" button and the thing takes off and vacuums your ENTIRE house!  

We have all hard wood floors, some tile and an area rug and it takes care of it all.  

I love this thing, it has made my life (with four kids) SOO much easier.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

Initially I gave this cocktail a 4.....but after a few sips, I decided that it wasn't good enough to be a 4 anymore.  

I tried my hand at making my own blended cocktail and some what succeeded.  

The Chambord ads a nice raspberry flavor to this cocktail which I really enjoy.  I was going for a red (blood red) cocktail and settled with the color that the grenadine and Chambord gave me.  

Next time I'll use food coloring.  

This cocktail is nice and creamy, thanks to the ice cream.  

It's a pretty good mix of ingredients and easy to drink.


Here is a photo of the end result:

vampire elixir cocktail, halloween cocktail, vanilla ice cream, white creme de cacao, light rum, grenadine, black raspberry liqueur, chambord

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

vampire elixir cocktail, halloween cocktail, vanilla ice cream, white creme de cacao, light rum, grenadine, black raspberry liqueur, chambord


Here is the recipe for a Vampire Elixir:

  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream
  • 1 oz white creme de cacao
  • 1 oz light rum
  • 1/2 oz grenadine
  • 1/2 oz black raspberry liqueur

In a blender add all of the ingredients and blend it up until your mixture is smooth.  For effect (which basically failed) you can drip grenadine on the top, or try to drip it down the inside of the glass.



Here's to a pink cocktail and a failed attempt of making it look cool!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh this looks delicious! But I need something I can put olives in! We are in Corning and bought several different kinds from the Olive Pit. My favorite is the garlic stuffed olives. We are gonna have to go back for another jar. This ones almost gone. We got some blue-cheese stuffed ones also but they are definitely not for drinks. I really wanted to try the jalapeno stuffed ones but couldn't talk him into em. Maybe when we go back! They would be really good in a bloody mary don't u think? And smoke flavored ones...have no idea what to do with those but they sounded good. lol They are olives after all.

    ReplyDelete