Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Apple Coffee Cider

Day 279



Apple Coffee Cider
4 shots out of 5


Two more days until Thanksgiving (still in denial).  



The kids get out early tomorrow and my oldest is having a friend over to hang out.  

Tomorrow marks my last photo shoot of the year (I think hope).  

Photo editing, proof passing out (a total Jen term) and I'm done until the orders come back for me to place them.  

All in all, it's been a good year and I'm getting excited for the holidays.  


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I found a recipe online for a cocktail and amended it just a little bit, which I think technically makes it mine, therefore I renamed it.  

The apple vodka and cider definitely give this cocktail an appley taste for sure.  

The coffee liqueur flavor is a surprisingly nice mix with the apple flavors.  

Before making my Spiked Apple CiderThanksgiving Cider and tonight's cocktail I honestly did not think that apple cider would be good in a cocktail.  

I'll admit it, I was wrong.........WAY wrong!



Here is a photo of the end result:

fall cocktail, autumn cocktail, thanksgiving cocktail, apple vodka, coffee liqueur, apple cider, cream


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

fall cocktail, autumn cocktail, thanksgiving cocktail, apple vodka, coffee liqueur, apple cider, cream


Here is my recipe for an Apple Coffee Cider:

  • 1 1/2 oz apple vodka
  • 3/4 oz coffee liqueur
  • 1 1/2 oz apple cider
  • 1/2 oz cream

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain your cocktail into a short cocktail glass.



Here's to being wrong and enjoying it!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! I like apple cider a lot. Happy almost-Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete