Sunday, November 4, 2012

Drunken SAMU-Rai

Day 263


Drunken SAMU-Rai
2.5 shots out of 5


It's Sunday!  There goes another crazy long weekend!  Yesterday was all sports, then dinner with the folks.  Today I did a photo shoot for family friends and then was able to relax and hang out with them.  All in all it was a good, long weekend.

I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  I got this recipe from SAMU's brochure they sent me along with the case of their Thai Coconut Water.  My husband says that this is a pretty good cocktail.  He likes coconut water a lot more then I do.  I think that this cocktail would be a lot better if the ratios were a little different. If there was more sake and less coconut water in this cocktail, maybe a 2:1 ratio of sake vs. coconut water, then I think I'd like it a lot more.  The idea of using coconut water in cocktails interests me as I've never even considered it until SAMU contacted me.  I do look forward to trying more cocktails using it......as long as my husband doesn't sneak it all first.

Here is the recipe for a Drunken SAMU-Rai:

  • 1 oz sake
  • 3 oz SAMU Thai Coconut Water
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up well and strain it into a martini glass.

Here is a photo of the end result:

drunken samu-rai, sake, samu thai coconut water



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

drunken samu-rai, sake, samu thai coconut water





Here's to my first cocktail using coconut water.  More to come!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know coconut water came in cans--- interesting! so he just drinks it straight from the can?
    I think I'd like it in a cocktail better.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different right? I think it's a great idea for SAMU to break into the cocktail world by having their water in cans.

    He fills a glass up with ice and pours it in, he's enjoying it =) I'm with you, I'd like it in a cocktail better too.......great minds!

    ReplyDelete