Thursday, November 1, 2012

Harmonie Blush

Day 260



Harmonie Blush
3.5 shots out of 5




Halloween was fun, fast and exhausting.  

The kids had a great time and we were able to trick or treat with good friends of ours which made it that much more enjoyable.  

Happy first day of November and Happy Anniversary to my amazing husband!!  

Day 260, WOW, that only leaves 106 days to go......is it me, or have these last 260 days gone by quickly?


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

The Hpnotiq Harmonie has a different kind of flavor from the regular Hpnotiq.  

I think I like the regular one better.  

I will definitely be trying more cocktails with the Harmonie though, not to worry.  

This cocktail is one that I think if I ordered it at a bar, I would "sort of" enjoy it at first, then the alcohol would take over by the end and I would "probably" order another one.  

You know how cocktails start to taste better the more alcohol you consume.....well this is one of those.  

I found this recipe on the Hpnotiq site.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for a Hpnotiq Blush:

  • 2 oz Hpnotiq Harmonie
  • 1 oz vodka
  • 1/4 oz cranberry cocktail juice
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake up your mixture and strain it into a martini glass.



Here's to my first cocktail with Harmonie, more to come......

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. I am really amassing a large collection of different liquors thanks to your blog. I haven't purchased Hpnotiq yet. Can you give me an idea of
    of what the original and the Harmonies flavors are?
    You can't quite after the end of the year. I think I have been getting you blog on my reader since you started. My problem is I don't always have all the ingredients of a drink and then when I finally get the ingredients, I can't remember the name of the recipe. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne. Both Hpnotiq's have Premium French Vodka and a touch of cognac in them. The difference to me is the blue (original) one has a nice fruity taste to it (the bottle says "exotic fruit juices"), while the Harmonie (pink) bottle also has a fruity taste, but a different fruity taste (the bottle says "natural fruits") as well as a flowery taste which is what I think I don't like too much about it. If the flowery taste wasn't there, I think I would like the Harmonie more. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it amazing how many different liqueur & liquors there are out there?

      I most definitely will not quit after my year is up, I just don't think I'll post every single night.

      I totally understand you about not remembering the name of the cocktail once you've gotten the ingredients. Every time I make a cocktail I LOVE I swear I'll remember it by name and what it looks like, etc........10 cocktails later......no such luck, ha.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the great explanation. I don't think the Harmonie would work for me, but, the original would be OK. I see you have it in today's (Saturday) drink, too.

    ReplyDelete