Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Midori Sour

Day 287



Midori Sour
4.5 shots out of 5


First off, let me say, I'm a complete ass.  My VERY good friend Stephanie O'dea's birthday was less then a week ago and I completely forgot to make her favorite cocktail for her birthday on my blog!!!!  I did not forget that it was her birthday, I even brought by her birthday present......it's just the cocktail part that I forgot, and for the I am so very Sorry!!  I think if I run her down a Midori Sour that she'll forgive me, hee hee.

I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  Hence the name......it's sour!  I was totally afraid of the entire ounce of lemon juice I was going to put in this cocktail.  Reason being, cocktails in the past that have asked for an ounce of lemon juice.......frankly I don't remember liking too many of them.  In this cocktail the sweet and sour mix cuts up the lemon juice so that it's not an overwhelming flavor, and it makes its presence quite enjoyable I must say.  All in all, good choice for your cocktail Steph!!  I got this recipe from the Midori site.

Here is the recipe for a Midori Sour:

  • 1 oz midori
  • 2oz sweet and sour mix
  • 1 oz lemon juice
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake up your mixture well and dump everything into a cocktail glass and enjoy!!

Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Happy Belated Birthday to you Stephanie!  Sorry for not posting this earlier.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Stephanie! Cheers! Yumm...Midori Sour! - VR

    ReplyDelete