Monday, November 5, 2012

Nutty Pumpkin

Day 264



Nutty Pumpkin
5 shots out of 5


The Nutty Pumpkin is an absolute perfect mix of pumpkin, coffee and nut flavors with a fun layered look.




It's Monday.  

In three days I go to the local high school for an 8th grade orientation for our oldest son.  

If I stop and think about it, it totally blows my mind that I have a child going into high school next school year.  It also gives me a kick or reality by letting me know that I AM about 14 years older then I though I was.


I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  

I was at our local grocery store today and saw a bottle of Fulton's Pumpkin Pie Liqueur on an end stand.  

Looked interesting so I bought a bottle.  

I found tonight's cocktail here.  

When I opened and smelled this liqueur it smelled like pumpkin and spices and I was excited to try my first cocktail (more to come for sure) with it.  

I layered this shooter the way I was told to........and the amaretto.......yea, it doesn't float on top of the Fulton's Pumpkin Pie Liqueur like they say it should.  

It actually sunk under the Fulton's and floated on top of the Kahlua, pretty cool I thought, and that's why there is that different colored ring where the Kahlua meets the Fulton's.  

I can taste all of the ingredients in this shooter and they all go quite well together.  

The Nutty Pumpkin is an easy shooter to take.


Here is a photo of the end result:

fall cocktail, autumn cocktail, halloween cocktail, pumpkin cocktail, kahlua, coffee liqueur, pumpkin pie liqueur, amaretto

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

fall cocktail, autumn cocktail, halloween cocktail, pumpkin cocktail, kahlua, coffee liqueur, pumpkin pie liqueur, amaretto


Here is the recipe for a Nutty Pumpkin:

  • 3/4 oz Kahlua
  • 3/4 oz Fulton's Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
  • 1/2 oz amaretto

In a shot glass, pour in your Kahlua.  Carefully layer your Fulton's on top by slowly pouring it on the backside of a spoon that is touching the inside of the shot glass and slanted downward right above the Kahlua.  Last using the same layering technique layer the amaretto on top of that.


Here's to all of the pumpkin flavored cocktails in the fall!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely, simple way to use pumpkin in a cocktail. Thanks for stopping by our Happy Holidays Link Party - be sure to join us again this week (beginning on Saturday at 7 pm ET) and every week through the holidays.

    ReplyDelete