Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rock Lobster

Day 270



Rock Lobster
2 shots out of 5




Today is a beautiful day.  

A day that makes me want to pull out my blender and blend up a cocktail.  

I went on a hunt for a blended cocktail and found a recipe for a Rock Lobster cocktail here.  

I was excited to drink it outside in the sunshine.  Then I tasted it.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2 shots out of 5.  

As a lot of your know, I love banana liqueur in my cocktails.  

Never thought I would like it at the beginning of my blog, but I have to say this blog has changed my thoughts when it comes to alcohol.  

Unfortunately this cocktail is one cocktail that I am not thrilled about.  

All I really taste is my 1/2 of a ripe banana and the water from the ice.  

I will not ever be making this cocktail again.  

Ever.


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:


Here is the recipe for a Rock Lobster:

  • 1 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 3/4 oz banana liqueur
  • 1 C ice
  • 1/8 oz grenadine
  • 1/8 oz pineapple juice
  • 1/8 oz orange juice
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • 1/4 oz dark rum
In a blender add all of the ingredients above except for the dark rum.  Blend them up and pour them into your cockail glass.  Top with your dark rum.




Here's to a warm Sunday and a sucky cocktail to go along with it.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment