Sunday, December 16, 2012

Broken Leg

Day 305


Broken Leg
3.5 shots out of 5



Enjoy this broken leg cocktail on National Bourbon Day!  It's blend of bourbon, apple cider, lemon and a cinnamon stick adds to its perfection!



June 14th Marks National Bourbon Day!  What better way to celebrate it then with a Broken Leg.  It's a surprisingly delicious cocktail!

⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻⎻


Did you see it?  


The weekend?  



Oh........you just missed it!  



There goes another one.  



What a fun-filled weekend we have all had.  Two family Christmas get together's, one photo with the World Series trophy and a whole lot of fun in between them all.  It was a good weekend.  The kids are super excited that they only have one more week of school left for the year, actually we are too.




I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  


I received tonight's cocktail recipe from Stacy.  Thank You Stacy for sending it to me!  



First off, I feel it's right to let you all know that I have always associated bourbon with my Mom.  


I've never really cared for it a whole lot.....maybe that's because she drank bourbon and waters, and if it was up to me, I'd add more flavorful ingredients in to cut back the bourbon taste.  


Tonight's cocktail does just that.  


The hot apple cider mixed in with the bourbon allows each ingredient to complement the other in a very nice way.  

This cocktail would definitely be a cocktail to enjoy on a cold winter night.....or whenever you feel like a hot cocktail really.



Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here is the recipe for a Broken Leg:


  • 1 1/2 oz bourbon (Stacy recommended Jim Beam)
  • 4 1/2 oz hot apple cider
  • lemon wedge and/or cinnamon stick to garnish
In a coffee mug, pour in your apple cider and heat it up in the microwave.  When it is done, pour in your bourbon and give it a good stir.  You can garnish it with a lemon wedge and/or cinnamon stick.



Here's to a great weekend!  I hope you all enjoyed yourselves as well.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you didn't hate it. I wondered if you drank any bourbon because not many of your recipes have things like that. Had to enlighten you! hehe By the way...I see you got a big bottle and if you don't really like I know someone that would take it off your hands! Just saying.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I'll keep that in mind, but I think I just may be keeping this bottle =)

      Delete
  2. apple cider flavor is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I think my husband would love this! I'm going to try it out for him for Father's Day. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete