Saturday, December 29, 2012

Champagne & St. Germain

Day 318



Champagne & St. Germain
3.5 shots out of 5



The countdown continues!  

Only two more days until New Years Eve.  

Is it only me or has this year flown by for all of you too?  

I remember when I was a kid and the adults would tell me that the years go faster and faster the older you get.......well they were right!  

I honestly have a feeling that our four kids add to that a bit too though.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

I again found tonight's cocktail from the tablespoon.com site.  

Tonight's cocktail absolutely does have the champagne bubbles you would expect in a champagne cocktail, unlike last nights Apple Champagne cocktail.  

The St. Germain mixed in with the champagne is nice.....though I think I might add a bit more next time (and I only think I would do that because I'm not a huge champagne fan).  

I would think that if I liked champagne a bit more that I would enjoy this one a bit more too, so for those of you who enjoy champagne you may want to give this one a try.



Here is a photo of the end result:

new years cocktail, new years eve cocktail, champagne, St. Germains, elderflower liqueur, champagne & St.Germains


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

new years cocktail, new years eve cocktail, champagne, St. Germains, elderflower liqueur, champagne & St.Germains


Here is the recipe for a Champagne & St. Germain:

  • 3 oz champange
  • 1/2 oz St. Germains

In a champagne flute or wine glass, pour in both of your ingredients and give it a quick stir.



Here's to me attempting to contain my excitement for the next two days!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. I love that St. Germain and like Chanpagne too :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete