Monday, December 24, 2012

Eggnog & Coffee

Day 313



Eggnog & Coffee
4 shots out of 5





It's Christmas Eve!  

The kids are all dressed (which wasn't exactly easy.....one of the kids kept telling us he was ready as he was wearing his shorts and Mario shirt) and once this cocktail is done we'll be ready to celebrate.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I had found a similar recipe online and tried it and it tasted like.......nothing.  

Back to the drawing board......using the same ingredients because they sounded good.  

This eggnog cocktail is pretty good, it's husband approved as well so that's always a good thing!  

If you enjoy eggnog and kahlua I think you will absolutely enjoy this cocktail.  

To those of you who celebrate Christmas, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas Eve.



Here is a photo of the end result:

eggnog & coffee, christmas cocktail, eggnog, light rum, Kahlua, coffee liqueur



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

eggnog & coffee, christmas cocktail, eggnog, light rum, Kahlua, coffee liqueur


Here is my recipe for an Eggnog & Coffee:

  • 4 1/2 oz eggnog
  • 1 oz light rum
  • 1 oz kahlua
  • shaved chocolate for garnish

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above except for the chocolate.  Shake and strain into a snifter glass with a cocktail strainer because your regular shaker top will not let the eggnog flow that quickly at all.  Garnish with your shaved chocolate if you wish.



Here's to inventing an eggnog cocktail.  Here's also to realizing that eggnog cocktails pretty much rock!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Didn't you start out saying you didn't even like eggnog very much? I'm out of vanilla vodka so haven't been able to try most of what you've posted so far. I did try this one, and it was pretty good.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally did! Ha ha. Boy has this blog changed me or what!? I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete