Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Papa's Cocktail

Day 293



Papa's Cocktail
4 shots out of 5


We're well into December now.  Before we know it New Years will have come and gone and we'll be wondering where the holidays went.  Before all of that happens, I'd like to wish a very Happy Birthday to my Dad.  He called me yesterday with his cocktail that he wanted me to make for his birthday.  Since it's what my kids call him, I named it Papa's Cocktail........no they don't use the word cocktail in his name!

I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  My dad created his own version of a Captain and Coke and added a little something to it.  He also actually drinks this same cocktail, minus the rum when he is not feeling like alcohol (crazy right? haha).  This cocktail is a good, safe one to make when you're just not sure what you feel like.  The only thing I would do differently in this cocktail would be to add like 3 olives......but that's just me and my LOVE for olives.  Thank You for tonight's cocktail Dad and I look forward to celebrating you tonight at dinner!

Here is the recipe for Papa's Cocktail:

  • 1 oz Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
  • 2 oz diet coke
  • 2-3 drops of Angostura bitters (both quantities tasted good to me, I went with 3 in the end)
In a short cocktail glass filled with ice, pour in all of your ingredients and give it a good stir.

Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:






I hope you all have a great evening and a great cocktail to go along with it!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment