Friday, December 7, 2012

Peppermint Patty

Day 296



Peppermint Patty
4.5 shots out of 5





Happy Friday!!  

I'm glad this week is over, bring on the weekend!!  


I figured I'd post earlier then later today as I have a holiday party to drink too much at attend tonight.  I also thought many of you may have holiday parties or gatherings this weekend that you might want to try a new cocktail at.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4.5 shots out of 5.  


This is a nice refreshing shooter!  



If I would change anything about it, I would swap out the cream for half and half.......depending on how creamy I wanted it.  Otherwise, two thumbs up here!  


This peppermint patty would be a great group shot to take with friends or family to calmly get the night started.  


This will go on my list of shooters to remember for sure.  


Let me know if you do try this one and what you think, and as always if you have any amazing cocktail recipes that you would like me to try (only 70 more to go!), please email it to me at cocktailady@gmail.com.  I found tonight's cocktail here at about.com.



Here is a photo of the end result:

peppermint patty, christmas cocktail, christmas shot, peppermint schnapps, dark creme de cacao, cream, half and half

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

peppermint patty, christmas cocktail, christmas shot, peppermint schnapps, dark creme de cacao, cream, half and half
(crappy photo I know)




Here is the recipe for a Peppermint Patty:

  • 1/2 oz peppermint schnapps
  • 1/2 oz dark creme de cacao
  • 1 oz cream (or half and half)

In a glass or shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Stir your ingredients together and then strain your cocktail into a shot glass.



Here's to another winning cocktail with peppermint schnapps!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, this was yummy! I think I will make the peppermint a little stronger next time. I started out with exactly 1/2 oz left in the bottle tonight, and I was wanting another one. I used half and half but will also try just cream next time as it seemed a little thin.

    ReplyDelete