Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Vanilla Vixen

Day 301



Vanilla Vixen
2.5 shots out of 5




Half way through the week.  

What does that mean?  

That means that my husband only has two, yes TWO more days left of work before he's off for three whole weeks!!  

I am very excited.....actually we are all very excited to have him home, especially since the kids will be home for two of those three weeks from school.


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  

Vixen must be a strong reindeer, because this cocktail packs a punch.  

I would first off change the name to Citrus Vixen.....although it doesn't quite roll off the tongue like vanilla vixen.  

This cocktail is quite alcoholy, I can totally taste the citrus vodka and if I think real hard, squint my eyes and tilt my head to the left, I can taste the Midori too.  

The vanilla vixen was worth a shot....plus it's been a while since I've made a green cocktail.  

I found tonight's recipe here.  (I've recieved a request for another White Christmas from my husband.....and after tonight's cocktail, I'm going to make one for myself as well!)


Here is a photo of the end result:

vanilla vixen, vanilla vodka, citrus vodka, midori, melon liqueur, lime juice, christmas cocktail



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

vanilla vixen, vanilla vodka, citrus vodka, midori, melon liqueur, lime juice, christmas cocktail


Here is the recipe for a Vanilla Vixen:

  • 1 oz vanilla vodka
  • 2 oz citrus vodka
  • 1 oz Midori
  • 1/2 oz lime juice

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice.



Here's to day 301!  Wait.........I've tried Three Hundred and One different cocktails?!?!  Holy Moley!!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment