Thursday, January 10, 2013

Banana SAMU Daiquiri

Day 330



Banana SAMU Daiquiri
5 shots out of 5


I liked last night's cocktail so much that I wanted to add a little something to it.  I didn't want to completely alter it as it was pretty delicious, but just change it a wee bit.  What better way to celebrate a Thursday night, then with a yummy cocktail?

I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  Another winner.  As most of you know, I love banana flavor in my cocktails.  Usually I'm adding the creme de banana to them, but tonight I am tossing in a half of a ripe banana instead.  Glad I did!!  The half banana was a great addition to last night's great cocktail.  The banana cuts into the pineapple juice and becomes the dominant flavor in this cocktail.  All in all, I'm enjoying this cocktail!

Here is my recipe for a Banana SAMU Daiquiri:

  • 1 1/2 oz malibu rum
  • 1 oz pineapple juice
  • 1 oz SAMU
  • 1/2 C vanilla ice cream
  • 1/2 oz cream of coconut
  • 1/2 ripe banana
In a blender, add all of the ingredients above.  Blend until the banana and ice cream are smooth and mixed in well.

Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here's to adding half of a banana to an already yummy cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment