Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mango Chi Chi

Day 342



Mango Chi Chi
3.5 shots out of 5


Another school week is in full swing.  We had a holiday yesterday, so there are only four days of school this week.  I was kind of tripping out today when I was thinking that this friday I take our two year old for a check up and then next friday I register our fourteen year old or high school!  There's a range if I've ever heard one.

I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  I still have a few of my purees left in my fridge, so I'd like to use them sooner then later.  Tonight I chose my mango puree to make a cocktail out of.  I went to the Finest Call website and found tonight's cocktail.  I liked the Chi Chi I had made, so my hopes were high for a mango version.  The recipe they gave me only filled my glass a little over half way, so I doubled it, which was enough plus extra.  This is a nice mango-ey cocktail for sure.  It's refreshing and definitely one that I would drink poolside.....or even take it out to the backyard to so that it doesn't feel like I'm home drinking an outdoor cocktail.  The ingredients blend together well....but I have to admit that the more I drink, the more the mango-ey flavor is loosing it's awesomeness.  It's becoming a little much (I just totally changed my rating from a 4 to a 3.5).

Here is the recipe for a Mango Chi Chi:

  • 2 1/2 oz vodka
  • 3 oz cream of coconut
  • 3 oz pineapple juice
  • 3 oz mango puree
  • 2 cups ice
In a blender, add all of the ingredients above.  Blend until there are no more ice chunks and the cocktail is smooth.  Pour into a hurricane glass.

Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here's to being one step....or cocktail....closer to emptying out another puree bottle and gaining that much more room in my fridge!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love original Chi Chis! I may have to give this one a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I made one on here a while back and it was delicious!! Cheers to Chi Chi's!!

      Delete