Thursday, January 17, 2013

Red Cloud

Day 337



Red Cloud
1 shot out of 5


One more day of this school/work week and we get to have another weekend!  There has been a good amount of baseball and spring soccer talk around this house lately, so I very well know that our carefree (yea, like I've had one of those in 14 years) weekends are about to come to an end.  

I gave tonight's cocktail 1 shot out of 5.   I have not made a gin cocktail in a while and with my new found.....liking for gin, I thought I'd make a gin cocktail tonight.  I found tonight's recipe at spirited entertaining.  They stated that it was a good party starter, so I thought why not!  Better question.......Why?  Yikes, this is not a good cocktail at all.  I'm not quite sure what all I can say about this cocktail, besides DON'T try it.  I will still look for more gin cocktails and if you have any delicious ones, please send them into me at cocktailady@gmail.com.

Here is the recipe for a Red Cloud:

  • 1 1/2 oz gin
  • 1 1/2 oz apricot brandy
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • 1 tsp grenadine
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a short cocktail glass...or your sink, whichever you feel will work better for you.

Here is a photo of the end result:

red cloud cocktail, gin, apricot brandy, lemon juice, grenadine



Here is a photo of the ingredients:

red cloud cocktail, gin, apricot brandy, lemon juice, grenadine



Too bad tonight's gin cocktail is not a winner.  Here's for hoping the next one is!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment