Monday, January 7, 2013

SAMU-lada

Day 327



SAMU-lada
5 shots out of 5


First day back at school.  Before I know it, this school year will be over and we'll be enjoying some of our summertime cocktails.  I decided to try my hand in creating a SAMU Thai Coconut water cocktail today, so for those of you who have won a case, or simple bought it on your own, this is for you!

I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5.  I added, tasted, added, tasted and added and tasted again until I really liked what I was drinking.  I call it SAMU-lada and I must say it's pretty darn good!  I have made quite a few cocktails with Malibu and cream of coconut before, but adding the SAMU water was a nice twist.  This is a cool refreshing cocktail that would be perfect for a pool party, sitting on the beach, or just a regular day/night when you're feeling coconutey!

Here is my recipe for a SAMU-lada:

  • 1 1/2 light rum
  • 1/2 oz coconut rum
  • 1/2 oz cream of coconut
  • 2 oz pineapple juice
  • 1 1/2 oz SAMU
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a cocktail glass filled 3/4 with ice.

Here is a photo of the end result:




Here is a photo of the ingredients:






Here's to creating my own SAMU cocktail!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment