Friday, October 18, 2013

Candy Corn Tini

Candy corn is and always will be a staple candy for Halloween.  I've created a Halloween cocktail that now allows you to drink your candy corn too!





Friday!  Woot Woot!  Made it......phewph.......I wasn't sure that I was going to make it to Friday this week, boy it's been a long hard week.


Now that we are here, lets have a cocktail.  Let's have 2 cocktails, shoot it's Friday bring on the booze!!


I was looking in my fridge......oh my "new" fridge (this is not the exact fridge that we bought, but it's close to it) if you were wondering!  


I saw my mango puree and thought I might be able to use it to create some kind of candy corn cocktail......then I saw the peach one behind it, jackpot!  I will say that this cocktail would most likely taste better with the mango puree instead of the peach, but I was going for color and the peach is more orange then the mango.



A layered cocktail, got it.  


It didn't taste amazing by far.  



It didn't make me want to run to the sink and spit it out either.  



The layers are thicker, so as you drink you are basically drinking from the top down.  I got half way done and decided to stir up the rest and try it that way.  All in all either way you drink it, it's not half bad.  I won't be making it again though, although it is festive so it has that going for it.



Here is a photo of the end result:

halloween cocktail, candy corn tini martini cocktail, cream of coconut, peach puree, banana liqueur, coconut rum, malibu rum


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

halloween cocktail, candy corn tini martini cocktail, cream of coconut, peach puree, banana liqueur, coconut rum, malibu rum


Here is my recipe for a Candy Corn Tini:

  • 1/2 ounce cream of coconut
  • 2 ounces peach puree
  • 1 1/2 ounces banana liqueur
  • 1/2 ounce coconut rum


In a martini glass, layer your ingredients in the order above, top to bottom.  I noticed that it took a couple minutes for the banana liqueur to separate entirely from the peach puree.  It did layer, but there was a little bit of mixing at first.



Happy Friday to you all!  Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment