Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Halloween Brew

Halloween Brew is made with juices and pumpkin pie vodka to create a fun holiday cocktail.



Here we are, the Fifteenth of October.  

This month is half over and Halloween is on its way.  

This year my two girls are going to be Sofia (from Sofia The First) and Izzy (from Jake and the Never Land Pirates).  These two ladies are VERY VERY excited about Halloween......as I'm sure most kids are.  Our two boys on the other hand (9 & 14), ahh, not as excited.  

This year our 9 year old has decided that he will not be dressing up or trick or treating.  

Last night we ran to our local drug store and he saw spray paint for hair and one of those little masks that cover the eyes and nose and decided that he will only do that for Halloween.  

OK.......I guess he's growing up faster then I'm ready for.  

Our oldest son, 14, hasn't dressed up for a few years now.  

This year he is going to a friends house to help his friend and brother scare people as they walk up to their house.........great.

What better way to celebrate the Fifteenth of October then with a Halloween cocktail!  

I found this one where I have found many recipes, here on about.com.  

This cocktail is OK.  

I wouldn't make it again, but it is not horrible.  

I may finish it, or I may heat up my coffee..........again......and finish that instead.  

All in all, I am still on the hunt for a great cocktail using Pumpkin Pie vodka.


Here is a photo of the end result:

pumpkin pie vodka, halloween cocktail, orange juice, cranberry juice


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

pumpkin pie vodka, halloween cocktail, orange juice, cranberry juice


Here's the recipe for a Halloween Brew:

  • 1 ounce pumpkin pie vodka
  • 2 ounces orange juice
  • 1 ounce cranberry cocktail juice

In a short cocktail glass filled 3/4 with crushed ice, pour in all three of your ingredients.  Stir them up well and that's it!



Here's to Halloween being right around the corner!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment