Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sapphire Alpine



Happy Wednesday!  

In case you were wondering.......tomorrow's my birthday!  

Thrillsville.  

Ha, no I meant yeay it's my birthday tomorrow, but you know.....once you have kids (or at least for me) you kind of really don't care a whole lot about your birthday.  

I honestly don't know it's coming until the kids get wind of it, and then they talk about it over and over and over.  Then I realize....Dang it's been another year, hasn't it?

We have 2 days left until the 4th of July!  

We all love that holiday around here.  

If you need to be inspired with more Red, White & Blue things for the 4th, here are my Pinterest boards for you to take a look at: My Patriotic Cocktails & Shooters, Patriotic Yummies and Patriotic Crafts.

Sticking with the gin theme, I wanted to find a blue cocktail to make as the 4th approaches.  

I found this cocktail at about.com.  Well I'll tell you.....it's blue for sure.....I even have some blue under a couple of my nails.  

This cocktail kinda.......tingles/burns the back of my throat (how's that for honesty).  

It's flavor is...OK, I do taste all of the ingredients...but I have to say that these three ingredients have been in better cocktails.  Well, like I said.....it's blue for sure!


Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Sapphire Alpine:


  • 1 ounce gin
  • 1 ounce blue curacao
  • 1 ounce peach schnapps
In a shaker, add ice and all three of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a martini glass.



Here's to everyone having a wonderful Fourth of July!  I hope you have time to celebrate and maybe even see some fireworks!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment