Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembrance

Where were you 13 years ago today?  

Do you remember?  


I do.  



I was on my way to work, I had just dropped off our oldest (then 2 1/2 years old) at his daycare.  I hopped back into the car, turned on the radio and my heart stopped there for a second.  

What is this?  


Is this a joke?  


Are the radio announcers pulling one over on me?  


It took me a couple minutes to realize what had happened.  I got to work and the TV's were on.  Things were a lot quieter then they usually were around the shop.  


Then I saw the videos, oh my goodness......I heard about it on the radio, but until I actually saw it on the TV.....it just became real.  


Our nation has done a lot of healing since then, yet there is much more to do.  My heart goes out to all of the families who have lost loved ones on this day 13 years ago.  

To all of those who are still with us, yet were traumatized by this horrific event.  To all of those who's lives will never be the same.  My heart goes out to you all, America.

In honor of "remembering" this day 13 years ago, I wanted to create a cocktail to honor our great nation.  I call it "Remembrance".  

I initially wanted to make a layered cocktail, but that failed, so I just went with it and kept mixing.  

This is a mix of red (hardness & valour), white (purity and innocence) and blue (vigilance, perseverance & justice) alcohols and mixes.



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is my recipe for Remembrance:

  • 2 ounces cherry vodka
  • 3 ounces lemon-lime soda
  • 1/2 ounce grenadine
  • 1 ounce blue curacao

Fill a cocktail glass 3/4 with ice.  In a shaker, add the vodka and lemon-lime soda.  Shake and strain into the glass.  Add the blue curacao and grenadine.  Give it a stir and enjoy!


Here's to our great nation!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

This post is linked to:
Friday's Five Features
Creative Collection
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming and linking up at #The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on KitchenDreaming.com ! I hope to see you there!
    Dina@KitchenDreaming.com

    ReplyDelete