Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pineapple Orange Margarita

Pineapple Orange Margarita



The other day I created a Peach Habanero Margarita which got me to thinking.....what other flavors of margaritas can I make that I have never heard of or tried before?  

You have your Classic Margarita and the most common flavored margaritas you'll find at restaurants like, strawberry, raspberry, mango and sometimes peach.  

I have done a good handful of margaritas, some I have created on my own and some I have found.....but I want to create more so I chose to enhance the orange flavor that is "sometimes" already in margaritas and mix it up with pineapple juice (I love cocktails that have pineapple juice in them).

This margarita is not spicy like the peach habanero margarita is recently made, it's actually quite the opposite.  This margarita is cool and refreshing.  It's a lighter tasting margarita which is actually quite nice. 

With National Margarita day on the 22nd, I'd love to ask you all if you have a delicious margarita recipe for me to try that I have not tried before.  

Email me at cocktailady@gmail.com or you can contact me via the contact form on the left side of my blog.  I'd love to hear from you..........even if it's just to say Hi!



Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is my recipe for a Pineapple Orange Margarita:
  • 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
  • 2 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1 ounce orange juice
  • 1/2 ounce cointreau
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake and strain into a margarita glass that is half filled with ice.



Here's to coming up on completing 4 years of my cocktail blog!  I started this journey on February 16, 2012, my how time has flown!  I hope you are all enjoying this journey as much as I am!


Cheers!!


The Cocktail Lady


Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment