Tuesday, June 21, 2016

American Watermelon Daiquiri

American Watermelon Daiquiri

Patriotic, American, Cocktail

So many exciting things happening around here!  

This weekend we are having a Family Reunion which I am super excited about.  My grandma (yes the one who turned 100, you can see her pic on my Chocolate Whipped Cherry post) is one of 9.  

All remaining 5 will be in attendance at this reunion, which I think is awesome!  

Our family is all over the U.S.A., so the cousins take turns putting the whole thing together which is a great way to see a lot of different states.

My grandma will be the oldest one there and I know a couple of my cousins have recently had little ones, so the youngest (if I am getting this right) will only be a few months old.  

What an amazing range of ages, right?!  We get together and do this once every 3 years, so it will be an absolute BLAST hanging out with the whole family this weekend.

I've been seeing Patriotic stuff ALL OVER Pinterest lately, which is also very exciting!  

I love, love, love the 4th of July!  

I have been pinning some fun stuff if you want to check it out.  I have my "My Patriotic Cocktail & Shooters" board, my "Patriotic Yummies" board as well as my "Patriotic Crafts" board.  They all have some AWESOME stuff in them and I can guarantee you that I will be pinning more!

Watermelon always reminds me of summertime.  

Although I do not like to eat watermelon, I DO like this watermelon puree I recently purchased by Finest Call.  Pretty darn delicious if you ask me!




It was suuuuper fun to pull out the blender today to whip this cocktail up.  It's been a long time since I last had make a blended cocktail, I almost forgot how much fun it was.  Oh and if you're wondering, tonight's cocktail is "Husband Approved"!

Here is my recipe for an American Watermelon Daiquiri:


print recipe

American Watermelon Daiquiri
Ingredients
  • 2 ounces coconut rum
  • 4 ounces watermelon puree
  • 1/4 ounce lime juice
Instructions
In a blender, add ice and all of the ingredients above. Purify until the ice is blended in well.


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is to getting all of my errands completed and projects done for my family reunion!  I'll tell you, if I have too many of these cocktails.........I won't get ANYTHING done!


Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment