Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mango Tango Daiquiri

Day 25



Mango Tango Daiquiri
5 shots out of 5




I couldn't go and use my banana puree and not use my mango puree, sheeesh.  

Tonight I once again created my own mango flavored Daiquiri.  


This one was a little trickier then the Swing'n Banana Daiquiri, I have to say.  


Mango has more of a tartier taste to it then the banana, so I had to offset that with a little bit of lime juice......which I had added too much of, therefore I needed to add more pineapple juice, then more mango, then some more mango, etc.  


I finally came up with a recipe that absolutely worked, and worked well!  


Our friends came over to taste test it (I've been calling them on a regular basis to come over to try "tonight's cocktail") and both agreed that it was amazing!!



I gave tonight's cocktail 5 shots out of 5 because all of the ingredients blended well together and complimented each other real good.  

I tell you once summer comes I'm going to be ready with my blender and MANY ingredients we now have around the house!  


The fun thing about it will be all of the different colors of blended cocktails I'll make!  


From the Blue Hawaiian to the Chi Chi to the Swing'n Banana Daiquiri to the Piña Colada to tonight's cocktail the Mango Tango Daiquiri.  


I'm definitely starting to make a rainbow of blended cocktails around here!


Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:







Here is the recipe for MY Mango Tango Daiquiri:

  • 1 1/2 shots rum
  • 2 1/2 shots mango puree
  • 1/2 shot cream of coconut
  • 2 shots pineapple juice
  • 1/4 shot lime juice

As I had said, I had to keep increasing the amounts of each ingredient, so this is going to make a little more then one cocktail......but honestly, is is that a bad thing?  Not in my book!



In a blender add 1 cup of ice, rum, mango puree, cream of coconut, pineapple juice and lime juice.  Blend until there is no more ice, it should be a liquid.  Pour and enjoy!!



Hope you have enjoyed MY very own creations as much as I have!  Happy blending!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after
    browsing through some of the post I realized it's new
    to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be
    book-marking and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete