Friday, May 4, 2012

The Drunken Maid

Day 79


The Drunken Maid
3.5 shots out of 5



I had previously made a cocktail called The Drunken Milkmaid which I had received from one of my readers, Kera.  Thank you again Kera for that recipe!  

Making that cocktail made me think......hmmm, what if the Milkmaid was just a Maid?  

I mean maybe she's lactose intolerant.

Maybe milk gives her gas.

Maybe she just doesn't feel like milk everyday.

Maybe she's done milking the cows, changed her job title and has moved into the house to become a maid.

So I decided to make the same cocktail, but with out the milk this time.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

These 4 ingredients do go well together, absolutely!  

I must say though after trying the same cocktail but including the milk like in The Drunken Milkmaid, I know that the milk does make this cocktail taste that much better.  

If you're not too big on milk and would rather have a cocktail with out it, then this version is worth a try for sure!  

Who knows, you might like it better.  

Or just not feel like milk, like our milkmaid.

Either way you try it, both are good cocktails.  

Hope you are all enjoying my adventure with me!



Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here's the recipe for The Drunken Maid:

  • 1/2 shot kahlua
  • 1/2 shot creme de cacao
  • 1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps
  • 1/2 shot amaretto

In a shaker add ice, kahlua, creme de cacao, butterscotch schnapps and amaretto.  Shake up all of your ingredients real well.  Strain into a martini glass and enjoy!



Here's to all of the drunken maids out there!  

Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment