Monday, July 2, 2012

Banana's Faster

Day 138



Banana's Faster
4 shots out of 5



You read it right, it says Faster not Foster.  

That would have been my first question anyway......Don't you mean Foster??  

The Fourth of July is vastly approaching for us here in the states.  

It's officially the second day of July (still not believing that it's July and that the year is half over) and summer is in full swing.  

It's time for you all to send me your favorite summer cocktails that you enjoy and if you need some new ones check out my Back Porch Breeze, Leeches, or the MCA.


I gave tonight's cocktail 4 shots out of 5.  

I have to admit that after a couple sips the banana puree mixed with the butterscotch schnapps gets to be a bit much in this cocktail and that's why it's not a 4.5.  

I think the right alcohols were chosen for this cocktail, but the flavor left in your mouth after you've drank 3/4 of it.....ahh, doesn't taste fabulous I have to admit.  

The flavor of the cocktail itself is good!  

It's just the aftertaste that I'm having a problem with.  

Oh and I think this is the first time I've shaken a puree up because when you go to strain it into your martini glass......it takes a bit longer then other cocktails to fill up.




Here is a photo of the end result:


Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Here is the recipe for a Banana's Faster:

  • 1oz vanilla vodka
  • 1/2 oz spiced rum
  • 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
  • 2 oz banana puree
In a shaker add ice and all of the ingredients above.  Shake it up good and strain and strain and strain it into your martini glass.



Here's to my first experience straining a puree, good thing I had patience tonight!

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment