Sunday, May 29, 2016

TMNT Raphael

TMNT
Raphael


TMNT Raphael


My life has been crazy over the past couple weeks.  

It really has.  

We had a non-stop week last week which had me going every single day, which was both physically and emotionally draining.  We had some hard times and then a double amazing ending (which was more then needed)!

This weekend added to the emotions as our oldest niece graduated from high school on Saturday!  

Her and our oldest son are 2 months apart in age, yet those two months divided them in school years as the cut off was smack dab in the middle of both of their birthdays.  

That means we get to be emotional this year as well as next year (Disclaimer: I'm going to be emotional for this ENTIRE year knowing that he will be doing all of his "lasts" this upcoming year).

My husband and I as well as our kids are HUGE Super Hero fans.  

We love Marvel and DC both, no discrimination here!  

We watch Arrow, Flash, Super Girl, Agent Carter & Legends of Tomorrow.  Arrow was the first show to be aired and we just think Stephen Amell is great.  

Which is why when we found out that he is playing Casey Jones in TMNT2 we decided to FINALLY watch TMNT so that when part 2 comes out we can watch it.  

In all honesty we never really wanted to watch TMNT.......didn't think it was going to be all that good.  Now we have an excuse to watch it and give it a fair review!

The upcoming movie gave me an idea to make a cocktail for each of the turtles, and Casey Jones of course!



Here is my first installment of the Ninja Turtles cocktail.  I begin with Raphael.  He is a stubborn, angry turtle and with a fire like that I turned to my bottle of Fireball Whisky to create this cocktail.

Don't forget to check out my other turtle cocktails: TMNT Michelangelo, TMNT Leonardo, TMNT Donatello as well as my Ninja Turtle cocktail and Hockey Stick.

Here is my recipe for a TMNT Raphael:



TMNT Raphael


Ingredients (1 cocktail)
  • 1 ounce Fireball Whisky
  • 1 ounce coconut rum
  • 1 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
  • 1/2 ounce grenadine
Instructions
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above. Shake and dump everything into a cocktail glass.
Powered by Recipage




Here is a photo of the ingredients:



Have you watched the first movie?  What did you think?  Are you going to watch the second one?

I'm looking forward to watching them both.  I grew up watching their cartoon and loved it!


Cheers to the Ninja Turtles!!

The Cocktail Lady

Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment