Wednesday, June 1, 2016

TMNT Donatello

TMNT
Donatello

TMNT Donatello cocktail, orange vodka, blueberry schnapps, sloe gin, sweet & sour mix, lime juice

This is my fourth and final turtle cocktail.  

That was sure fun creating those different colored cocktails.  

The last cocktail for this series I need to make is the one for Casey Jones.  OH, I forgot to tell you!  We watched the first TMNT movie last night and we liked it!!  It was a good one, now I can't wait to see the new one that is coming out on Friday!

Today I reserved the spot where we are going to have our oldest sons graduation party.  Yup, graduation party.  Yup, from high school.  Yup it's a year out, but if I didn't reserve it today it would be gone!  

Now the planning begins!  

We are throwing it with 3 other families which is nice.  That way we get to split the cost and all party together, instead of assigning each family a weekend and having it drag on for weeks.  

I am excited to get together with everyone to plan it..........and yes a bit emotional about it too, hey that's what cocktails are for right?



Tonight my cocktail is for the final turtle, Donatello.  

Donatello is a shy, extremely smart and a bit reserved.  These characteristics made me think of sloe gin.........which was kind of exciting because (are you sitting down?) it was something that I DID NOT have in my bar!  Yes, you've heard it here first folks!  Very exciting times when I get to add something to it.

Given that I'd never had sloe gin before, I knew I had to taste test it and see what colors I needed to mix it with so that my cocktail would come out purple, yet still taste good.  Mission accomplished!

TMNT Donatello cocktail, orange vodka, blueberry schnapps, sloe gin, sweet & sour mix, lime juice


Don't forget to check out my other turtle cocktails: TMNT Raphael, TMNT Michelangelo, TMNT Leonardo as well as my Ninja Turtle cocktail and Hockey Stick.

Here is my recipe for TMNT Donatello:



print recipe

TMNT Donatello
Ingredients
  • 1 ounce orange vodka
  • 1 ounce blueberry schnapps
  • 1 ounce sloe gin
  • 1 ounce sweet & sour mix
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
Instructions
In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above. Shake and dump everything into a cocktail glass.


Here is a photo of the ingredients:

TMNT Donatello cocktail, orange vodka, blueberry schnapps, sloe gin, sweet & sour mix, lime juice


Here's to completing all 4 turtles!  Cowabunga Dude!


Cheers!

The Cocktail Lady



Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment